Enterprise Finance Guarantee.
How does it work?
Contact HBG Advisory for advice.
Enterprise Finance Guarantee?
What Is An Enterprise Finance Guarantee?
The Enterprise Financial Guarantee was introduced in 2009 in the UK. It replaced the “Small Firms Loan Guarantee Scheme”.
EFG promotes lending to smaller businesses in the UK who are viable but not able to secure finance from their bank or other high street lenders as they have inadequate security to offer for a loan.
So EFG presents the lender with a government-backed guarantee up to 75% of the facility required.
EFG Promotes And Backs A Range Of Finance Products For Business.
To be acceptable for support from EFG, your small business must:
- Be based in the UK.
- annual turnover of less than £41 Million.
- Trade within an eligible sector.
- Realistic proposal to borrow when not having sufficient security to back it.</li >
- Confirm that you have not received other public support of de minimis state aid beyond €200,000.
- EFG guarantees loans for the future growth of your business. Loan guaranteed range from £1,000 to £1.2 million. Terms are available up to 10 years for term loans including asset-backed finance. Overdrafts and Invoice finance may be up to 3 years.Please note:The borrower is responsible for the repayment of the full amount of any facility backed by EFG
The EFG guarantee is to the lender and not the business
Any businesses supported using EFG are obligated to pay a 2% annual fee to the government.
Fees are payable quarterly and are collected by direct debit from your business account.