- “The Legal 500”
- “Daily Insolvency Court Listing”
- “HSE – Insolvency”
- “Northern Ireland Insolvency”
- “Individual Insolvency Register”
- “Citizens Advice – Meet the IP”
- “BBC – Insolvency”
HBG Advisory offers “FIXED PRICE” Liquidations
Towns & Cities
UK Retail Casualties 2019
UK High street casualties in 2019 by Company
- The Book People –, went into administration on 18 December 2019.
- Management buyout of the Regis UK and Supercuts – went into administration in October 2019.
- Swoon – pre-pack administration after trading problems.
- Jessops – pre-pack administration in early December 2019.
- Clintons – went through a pre-pack administration early in December 2019.
- Mamas and Papas – went into pre-pack administration a few days.
- Mothercare – went into administration early in November 2019.
- Hourstons (formerly Arnotts) – collapsed in 2019 and its site is currently empty.
- Forever 21 – applied for Chapter 11 (=voluntary bankruptcy) in the U.S. Its UK operation has entered administration as a result.
- Regis UK and Supercuts – went into administration in October 2019.
- Bonmarché – went into administration in mid-October 2019.
- Watt Brothers – went into administration in mid-October 2019.
- Tomlinsons Dairies – went into administration in mid-October 2019.
- Khaadi Fashion – went through a pre-pack administration.
- Links of London – went into long-predicted administration on 8 October.
- Thomas Cook – collapsed into liquidation in September 2019.
- Lingerie Outlet Store – went into administration in September 2019.
- Karen Millen’s and its subsidiary Coast – sold its online operations to the owners of Boohoo in August 2019, after pre-pack administration.
- Karen Millen’s (Australia) – went into voluntary administration in September and is expected to close.
- Jack Wills – went into pre-pack administration early in August 2019.
- Gerry Weber – German fashion retailer, is to close its 26 UK/Ireland stores by October 2019 following the parent company’s insolvency.
- Stefanel – went into administration at the end of June 2019.
- Bathstore – appointed administrators, having failed to find a new buyer. T
- The Yorkshire Linen Company – went into administration in mid-June 2019 and ceased trading. The firms used a CVA in February 2019 for its 19 stores.
- Realbuzz – in the second quarter of 2019 many shops were vacated and administrator notices placed there. Other parts of the group are unaffected as far as is known.
- Rococo Chocolates – went into administration (May 2019), although the company continues to trade.
- Skandium – went into administration in April 2019.
- Debenhams – went into pre-pack administration on 9 A contested CVA was agreed in May 2019.
- Select – went into administration.
- Pretty Green – went into administration in March 2019.
- The Bottle Shop – went into administration in March 2019.
- Office Outlet – went into administration in March 2019.
- Better Bathrooms – went into administration and ceased trading at the beginning of March 2019
- L K Bennett – filed a notice of intended administration at the beginning of March 2019
- Bennetts Department Store – went into administration in 2019.
- Hourstons – went into liquidation.
- tReds – went into administration in January 2019.
- Wine Direct and associate company JustInCases, both online wine suppliers, have suspended trade following the administration of their owner, Fermentation Ltd.
- Gerry Weber: International Ag is to go into administration. The German subsidiary of Monsoon Accessorize is applying to go into administration under German insolvency law.
- OddBins and Wine Cellars – went into administration in January 2019.
- Patisserie Valerie – went into administration in January 2019.
- Miss Shoes – went into administration in mid-January along with its associate company Fuel Your Fashion Online.
- Chapelle Jewellery & Watches – its e-commerce arm, and two concessions, went into administration in January 2019.
- Wild and Gorgeous –went into administration in mid-January 2019
- Hardy Amies – went into administration for a second time at the beginning of 2019.
- Steamer Trading – went into administration early in January.