Listing of information links relating to Insolvency in the UK
The Insolvency Practitioners Association
Institute of Chartered Accountants
The Law Society
The Insolvency Service
Turnaround Management Association: TMA
Association of Business Recovery Professionals: R3
The Institute of Directors
BBC Business News
Sky TV Business News
Federation of Small Business
UK Small Business Directory
British Chamber of Commerce
Place North West
Northern Ireland HMRC Help
Pros & Cons of being a contractor
Small Business club
Personal Guarantee Insurance
KPMG Insolvency Portal
HSBC BANK HELP
HMRC Tax Defaulters List
FINANCIAL FRAUD UK
BETTER BUSINESS FINANCE
EU FEDERATION FACTORING
BUSINESS IS GREAT BRITAIN
BRITAIN BUSINESS BANK
MAKING TAX DIGITAL
WHAT IS ICO REGISTRATION?
WHAT IS THE POTENTIAL OF SOCIAL MEDIA?
FLEX WORKING – BENEFITS
WORKING MUMS FINANCE
ESSENTIALS FOR BUSINESS STARTUP
UK company insolvency statistics for 2019
- “The Legal 500”
- “Daily Insolvency Court Listing”
- “HSE – Insolvency”
- “Northern Ireland Insolvency”
- “Individual Insolvency Register”
- “Citizens Advice – Meet the IP”
- “BBC – Insolvency”
Towns & Cities
Insolvency Greater Manchester
Insolvency Melton Mowbray
Information Links – UK Retail Casualties 2019
UK High street casualties in 2019 by Company
- The Book People –, went into administration on 18 December 2019.
- The management buyout of the Regis UK and Supercuts – went into administration in October 2019.
- Swoon – pre-pack administration after trading problems.
- Jessops – pre-pack administration in early December 2019.
- Clintons – went through a pre-pack administration early in December 2019.
- Mamas and Papas – went into pre-pack administration a few days.
- Mothercare – went into administration early in November 2019.
- Houston (formerly Arnotts) – collapsed in 2019 and its site is currently empty.
- Forever 21 – applied for Chapter 11 (=voluntary bankruptcy) in the U.S. Its UK operation has entered administration as a result.
- Regis UK and Supercuts – went into administration in October 2019.
- Bonmarché – went into administration in mid-October 2019.
- Watt Brothers – went into administration in mid-October 2019.
- Tomlinsons Dairies – went into administration in mid-October 2019.
- Khaadi Fashion – went through a pre-pack administration.
- Links of London – went into long-predicted administration on 8 October.
- Thomas Cook – collapsed into liquidation in September 2019.
- Lingerie Outlet Store – went into administration in September 2019.
- Karen Millen’s and its subsidiary Coast – sold its online operations to the owners of Boohoo in August 2019, after pre-pack administration.
- Karen Millen’s (Australia) – went into voluntary administration in September and is expected to close.
- Jack Wills – went into pre-pack administration early in August 2019.
- Gerry Weber – the German fashion retailer, is to close its 26 UK/Ireland stores by October 2019 following the parent company’s insolvency.
- Stefanel – went into administration at the end of June 2019.
- Bathstore – appointed administrators, having failed to find a new buyer. T
- The Yorkshire Linen Company – went into administration in mid-June 2019 and ceased trading. The firms used a CVA in February 2019 for its 19 stores.
- Realbuzz – in the second quarter of 2019 many shops were vacated and administrator notices placed there. Other parts of the group are unaffected as far as is known.
- Rococo Chocolates – went into administration (May 2019), although the company continues to trade.
- Skandium – went into administration in April 2019.
- Debenhams – went into pre-pack administration on 9 A contested CVA was agreed in May 2019.
- Select – went into administration.
- Pretty Green – went into administration in March 2019.
- The Bottle Shop – went into administration in March 2019.
- Office Outlet – went into administration in March 2019.
- Better Bathrooms – went into administration and ceased trading at the beginning of March 2019
- L K Bennett – filed a notice of intended administration at the beginning of March 2019
- Bennetts Department Store – went into administration in 2019.
- Hourstons – went into liquidation.
- tReds – went into administration in January 2019.
- Wine Direct and associate company JustInCases, both online wine suppliers, have suspended trade following the administration of their owner, Fermentation Ltd.
- Gerry Weber: International Ag is to go into administration. The German subsidiary of Monsoon Accessorize is applying to go into administration under German insolvency law.
- Oddbins and Wine Cellars – went into administration in January 2019.
- Patisserie Valerie – went into administration in January 2019.
- Miss Shoes – went into administration in mid-January along with its associate company Fuel Your Fashion Online.
- Chapelle Jewellery & Watches – its e-commerce arm, and two concessions, went into administration in January 2019.
- Wild and Gorgeous –went into administration in mid-January 2019
- Hardy Amies – went into administration for a second time at the beginning of 2019.
- Steamer Trading – went into administration early in January.